Tampa General Hospital offers nurses a complete range of exciting benefits to encourage career development and help ensure personal and professional satisfaction. The No. 1 hospital in the Tampa Bay area, TGH is proud to have achieved Magnet® recognition for the fourth consecutive year by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing. This is the highest recognition a hospital can receive, conferred only to healthcare organizations that continually display excellence in nursing philosophy and practice.
A New Way to Nurse
Nurses are invaluable members of the TGH team and are treated as such—benefits for nurses include, but are not limited to:
Rotation & Transition Programs
To assist nurses in identifying their ideal career path and honing their skills, TGH offers four strategically designed rotation and transition programs:
- Acute care rotation program
- Critical care rotation program
- Perioperative transition program
- Emergency department transition program
Continuing Education Support
TGH is pleased to support the continued learning of nurses and all team members by providing tuition assistance (via prepayment or reimbursement) and funding for skills enhancement opportunities such as professional certifications. We also offer a free CE Broker account for licensed team members to easily manage and track their CE credits.
Professional Growth Programs
Being a nurse at TGH opens doors to many different avenues and career opportunities, in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our nurses can work in a wide range of specialties, such as trauma, transplant, burn, acute care, cardiac and others.
In addition, TGH provides a diverse range of programs to ensure nurses can achieve—or exceed—their career goals and find lasting satisfaction in their professional lives, with the flexibility to change their focus and gain new skills along the way.
Some of our professional growth offerings include:
- Career mapping in collaboration with members of TGH Organization Development and Human Resources
- Preceptor workshops to mentor nursing students
- Nursing practice and interdisciplinary councils
- Learning opportunities at TGH’s onsite medical library
- Participation in ambitious research initiatives through the TGH Office of Clinical Research
- Charge nurse/shift lead courses for experienced nurses
- Adjunct faculty opportunities via partnerships with local universities
Organizational Support Benefits
TGH employs several thousand nurses who work tirelessly day and night to provide world-class care to patients. We are proud to offer additional resources to help support our nurses and their everyday tasks. For example, we provide a:
- Lift Team to help turn and move patients, reducing the risk of nurses getting injured
- Wound Care Team to aid nurses in patient wound care, skin care disorders and treatment, without the need for a physician’s order
- Rapid Response Team to assist when patients are rapidly deteriorating and call others into action as needed
- Diabetes Team, which includes nurses and other professionals who are experts in identifying the symptoms of and treating diabetes
- World-Class Security Team, including on-site bomb and drug sniffing dogs
In addition, we ensure our nurses are trained in technology-enhanced care, such as predictive analytics that help to determine if patients are deteriorating and how quickly.
Other Exciting Benefits
- Notably higher base pay than standard employment models within our nursing float pool
- Part-time and full-time employment opportunities
- Short-term contracts of 12 weeks
- Generous shift differentials
- Highly competitive medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- A clinical ladder program designed to reward nurses who provide world-class care
- Nursing support initiatives such as emotional support programs, pet therapy and an injury prevention team
- Annual Nurses Week celebrations
- A beautifully appointed team member lounge with massage chairs
- An expansive Health and Wellness program
Connect With Us
Take the next step! To explore nursing opportunities and employee benefits at Tampa General Hospital, check out www.tgh.org/careers or email us at JoinOurTeam@tgh.org.