Tampa General Hospital’s emergency department nurse transition program showcases a variety of career paths and teaches the fundamentals of how to excel as an emergency department nurse in an environment that embraces integrity and compassion. During this thoughtfully designed, three-month program, participants will build a solid foundation on which they can launch a successful and lasting career in the emergency room.
The emergency department nurse transition program at TGH affords several benefits to participants, including:
- Multidimensional education that incorporates clinicals, Elsevier online modules and lectures from subject matter experts
- Shadowing opportunities in emergency room operations, triage and trauma/resuscitation areas, focusing on providing a complete overview of a patient’s care experience from the pre-hospital setting to discharge
- Excellent benefits, including highly competitive insurance plans, career development resources and retirement plans with company matching
- Occasions to foster professional interdisciplinary relationships among TGH’s world-class staff
- The opportunity to train at Tampa Bay’s No. 1 hospital and the only level 1 trauma center in West Central Florida
Qualified candidates for TGH’s emergency department nurse transition program must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited nursing school with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Be a graduate of an accredited nursing school with an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree, have more than one year of acute hospital experience, and be presently enrolled in a BSN program
- Have licensure to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in Florida
Applying for Tampa General Hospital’s emergency department nurse transition program is simple—visit www.tgh.org/careers, or connect with TGH Talent Acquisition at 813-844-7551 or JoinOurTeam@tgh.org. TGH is proud to have been conferred ANCC Magnet Recognition® status for the fourth year by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing.