Tampa General Hospital is pleased to provide a nationally validated, Vizient/American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Nurse Residency Program™ that lays the groundwork for a successful and lasting career. Thoughtfully designed to support professional growth and transition into practice, TGH’s nurse residency program (NRP) involves hospital, divisional, unit and specialty training and utilizes the nation’s top nurse residency curriculum. Participation in the program is required for all graduate nurses and registered nurses with less than one year of RN experience in an acute care hospital who have been hired into a clinical nurse position. There is no separate application required for nurse residency.
Benefits for Nurse Residents
Nurse residents at TGH are assigned mentors and small groups, ensuring they have ample opportunity to ask questions, observe globally renowned experts and learn real-world professional skills. Program participants can also expect to:
- Interact with content experts, organizational leaders and medical providers from multiple disciplines within the hospital
- Gain a deeper understanding of the professional nurse’s role in healthcare
- Feel empowered to advocate for themselves, their patients and for a safe, high-quality environment of care
- Increase knowledge of organizational resources and processes to enhance their confidence and skillsets
Furthermore, our nursing residency program is accredited as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs—an organization that sets the global standard for residency and fellowship programs.
Residency Program Requirements
Participants in TGH’s nurse residency program are required to:
- Complete the NRP Attestation of Accountability form
- Attend monthly, four-hour seminars over the course of one year
- Complete an evidence-based practice (EBP) group project, which entails a presentation to residency peers and leadership
- Fill out online Vizient surveys before, during and after the NRP
Receive More Information
Individuals who are interested in receiving more information about TGH’s nurse residency program are encouraged to contact one of our program at firstname.lastname@example.org.