Our Relationship with Tampa General Hospital
Tampa General Hospital’s roots on Davis Islands date back to 1927 when it opened with 186 beds. Today, TGH is a 1,011-bed academic medical center serving close to a hundred thousand patients each year.
In order to provide meaningful philanthropic support to TGH, the Tampa General Hospital Foundation was formed in 1974. The Foundation’s goal is to enhance the overall health and wellness of the Tampa Bay area by inspiring others to invest in the patients we serve. As ambassadors for TGH, we commit to engaging the community and providing philanthropic support for both the present and future needs of Tampa’s premier hospital.
The Tampa General Hospital Foundation is a private, not-for-profit corporation, and is a qualified charitable organization under section 501(C) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. We abide by the nationally accepted Donor Bill of Rights.
Integrative Arts in Medicine - Support for the Integrative Arts in Medicine Program at TGH through the Foundation provides several methods of non-invasive care that take into account the whole person – body, mind, and emotions. Click here for more information.