Thank you for choosing Tampa General Hospital for your care. Our goal is to provide you all the information you need to make your experience here as comfortable as possible. Please use this section of the website as a valuable resource for all our patients and visitors. If you have concerns or questions, you may speak with a member of your health care team at any time.
Tampa General Hospital's dining options include:
TGH Cafeteria/Food Court – located on the first floor, West Pavilion with vending and microwave ovens
Starbucks – located on the first floor, East Pavilion
McDonald's – located on the first floor, East Pavilion across from the Information Desk
Hours of Operation:
- TGH Cafeteria: 6 a.m. - 12:30 a.m., daily.
- Starbucks: 6 a.m. - 12 a.m., daily
- McDonald's: 24 hours, daily
As you are visiting Tampa General Hospital, The Wharf Gift Shop is located in the Main Lobby, first floor, near the main entrance of the, West Pavilion, it's operated by the Tampa General Hospital Auxiliary, Inc. The gift shop sells small plants, fresh flower arrangements, balloons, greeting cards, candy, books, magazines, and much more. A selection of personal and toiletry items is also available.
If you are interested in purchasing something special to delivery to a patients, this can be arranged by phone with a credit card. The gift shop attendants can be reached at 813-844-7370.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 a.m.
- Saturday (1st and 3rd Saturday of the month): 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- The gift shop is open until 11 p.m. once a month. Please call for details.
An automated teller machine (ATM) is located in the Cafeteria/Food Court, first floor, West Pavilion, as well as inside McDonald’s, first floor, East Pavilion. Limited check cashing is available at the cashier’s office in the Main Lobby of Tampa General Hospital.
Newspapers are for sale in vendor racks on the first floor, East Pavilion, just outside McDonald's. Patients may also request a newspaper from Volunteer Services via the GetWellNetwork.
To contact Lost & Found, please call 813-844-7363.
Security officers are based throughout the hospital to assist you, visitors and staff should the need arise. The security team provides visitor passes, pickup and return of patient valuables, campus traffic control and after-hours patient information.
Tampa General Hospital will remain open to care for its patients and any victims from a hurricane or other disaster. Since the hospital may have to remain self-sufficient for an unknown period of time, it must be able to provide essential services for patients and staff. Access Hillsborough County's resources on active storm information, evacuation assessment tools, shelter information and more.
We hope you have an excellent experience at Tampa General Hospital, and we want to hear about it! Our vision is to be the safest and most innovative healthcare system in America. Your personal stories serve as powerful tools for educating others and bringing about constructive change in the health care system. We recognize the value of individual patient/family experiences in helping to train our health care professionals and improve Tampa General Hospital.
- Department of Health and Human Services Marketplace The Marketplace is a way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. The Department of Health and Human Services website offers information to help individuals, families and small businesses prepare to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace. They also offer a 24-hour call center at 1-800-318-2596.
- Hospital Prices and Performance Data provided by AHCA Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) data on hospital pricing and performance is available on the Internet on The Agency for Health Care Administration Web site. Pricing and performance data provided by AHCA is a compilation of charges for the average patient, and your bill may vary from the average depending on a number of factors.
- Health Information from Medline Plus MEDLINEplus, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
- USF Health
- LifeLink of Florida
- TGH YouTube Channel Health information and patient testimonial videos as well as replays of live surgeries of a variety of procedures,