Thank you for choosing Tampa General Hospital for your care. Our goal is to provide you all the information you need to make your experience here as comfortable as possible. Please use this section of the website as a valuable resource for all our patients and visitors. If you have concerns or questions, you may speak with a member of your health care team at any time.
Our free wireless network, GuestNet, is available to anyone with a wireless enabled device. Be sure to select the GuestNet wireless option from your wireless enabled device.
Tampa General Hospital's dining options include:
- Tampa General Hospital Café - Located on the first floor of the West Pavilion, the Café features a full cafeteria-style food court with vending machines and microwave ovens. Visit the Café website and view the interactive menu for a full list of items available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Hours of Operation - 6:00 a.m. - 12:30 a.m. Daily
Breakfast: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 a.m.
Dinner: 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Late Night: 8:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
Patient Room Service Delivery Program Coming Fall 2023 — We look forward to better serving the needs of our patients on our journey to be the safest and most innovative Academic Health System.
We are upgrading our kitchen to support the creation of the Room Service Delivery Program. During this time, there will be temporary changes to our current Café facilities and menus. These changes include:
Cafeteria Entrance and Access to Serving Area: The cafeteria entrance will move to the glass door entry in front of the dining area. There will be signage to direct you. Entry to the serving area will be located by the cash registers. An entrance and exit pathway will be designated.
Vending Machines/ATM: The vending machines and the ATM will be relocated along the glass wall.
- Starbucks - Located on the first floor of the East Pavilion, across from the Information Desk. Visit the Starbucks website for more information on this location.
Hours of Operation - 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. Daily
- McDonald's - Located on the first floor of the East Pavilion, near the East Pavilion entrance. Visit the McDonald's website for more information on this location.
Hours of Operation - Open 24 Hours Daily
As you are visiting Tampa General Hospital, The Wharf Gift Shop is located in the Main Lobby, first floor, near the main entrance of the, West Pavilion, it's operated by the Tampa General Hospital Auxiliary, Inc. The gift shop sells small plants, fresh flower arrangements, balloons, greeting cards, candy, books, magazines, and much more. A selection of personal and toiletry items is also available.
If you are interested in purchasing something special to delivery to a patients, this can be arranged by phone with a credit card. The gift shop attendants can be reached at 813-844-7370.
Additionally, newspapers are for sale in vendor racks on the first floor, East Pavilion, just outside McDonald's. Patients may also request a newspaper from Volunteer Services via the GetWellNetwork.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 a.m.
- Saturday (1st and 3rd Saturday of the month): 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- The gift shop is open until 11 p.m. once a month. Please call for details.
An automated teller machine (ATM) is located in the Cafeteria/Food Court, first floor, West Pavilion, as well as inside McDonald’s, first floor, East Pavilion. Limited check cashing is available at the cashier’s office in the Main Lobby of Tampa General Hospital.
To contact Lost & Found, please call 813-844-7363.
Security officers are based throughout the hospital to assist you, visitors and staff should the need arise. The security team provides visitor passes, pickup and return of patient valuables, campus traffic control and after-hours patient information.
Tampa General Hospital will remain open to care for its patients and any victims from a hurricane or other disaster. Since the hospital may have to remain self-sufficient for an unknown period of time, it must be able to provide essential services for patients and staff. Access Hillsborough County's resources on active storm information, evacuation assessment tools, shelter information and more.
We hope you have an excellent experience at Tampa General Hospital, and we want to hear about it! Our vision is to be the safest and most innovative healthcare system in America. Your personal stories serve as powerful tools for educating others and bringing about constructive change in the health care system. We recognize the value of individual patient/family experiences in helping to train our health care professionals and improve Tampa General Hospital.
Tampa General Hospital wants to make your experience as comfortable as possible while you wait for your loved one. Listed below are some local restaurants within 1 mile and activities within 1.5 miles of the hospital.
- Casa San Stefano, 1607 N 22nd Street, (813) 248-1925
- Zudars, 201 W Platt Street, (813) 250-6272
- Big Rays Fish Camp, 333 S. Franklin Street, (813) 274-7778
- Farrell's on the Island, 221 E Davis Blvd, (813) 251-8877
- Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, 209 E Davis Blvd, (813) 251-0558
- DI Coffee Bar, 241 E Davis Blvd, (813) 513-5478
- TeBella Tea Company, 227 E Davis Blvd, (813) 254-1212
- Hattricks, 107 S Franklin St, (813) 225-4288
- Thai Island Restaurant, 210 E Davis Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606, (813) 251-9111
- Bayshore Boulevard, 312 Bayshore Blvd, (813) 247-8211
- Davis Island Park, 155 Columbus Drive, (813) 274-7716
- Davis Island Dog Beach, 864 Severn Avenue, (813) 251-8877
- Henry Plant Museum, 401 W Kennedy Blvd, (813) 254-1891
- Tampa History Cruise, 801 Old Water St, (888) 665-8687
- The Florida Aquarium, 701 Channelside Dr, (813) 273-4000
- Tampa Museum of Art, 120 W Gasparilla Plaza, (813) 274-8130
- Glazer Children's Museum, 110 W Gasparilla Plaza, (813) 433-3861
- Hyde Park Village, 1602 W Snow Cir, (813) 254-6210
- Department of Health and Human Services Marketplace The Marketplace is a way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. The Department of Health and Human Services website offers information to help individuals, families and small businesses prepare to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace. They also offer a 24-hour call center at 1-800-318-2596.
- Hospital Prices and Performance Data provided by AHCA Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) data on hospital pricing and performance is available on the Internet on The Agency for Health Care Administration Web site. Pricing and performance data provided by AHCA is a compilation of charges for the average patient, and your bill may vary from the average depending on a number of factors.
- Health Information from Medline Plus MEDLINEplus, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
- USF Health
- LifeLink of Florida
- TGH YouTube Channel Health information and patient testimonial videos as well as replays of live surgeries of a variety of procedures,