“Protected health information” as defined under the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act and related regulations (collectively referred to as “HIPAA”), including information you provide within the TGH Patient Gateway portal, is separate and subject to our Notice of Privacy Practices located at https://www.tgh.org/patients-visitors/joint-notice-privacy-policy; note, however, that our Notice of Privacy Practices may differ among TGH affiliates and subsidiaries. While interacting with the Florida Endoscopy & Surgery Center and the Hernando Endoscopy and Surgery Center, your protected health information is subject to the Notice of Privacy Practices located at https://myfesc.com/asc-notice-of-privacy-practices.html and https://www.myhesc.com/asc-notice-of-privacy-practices.html, respectively.
Information We Collect and How
We may collect various types of personal information when you visit our Site, such as the following:
- Identifiers, contact information, and other demographic information (e.g., your name, phone number, and mailing address);
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site including appointment request forms or online referral forms (e.g., your primary health insurance, driver’s license, and ID card);
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- information regarding charitable contributions (e.g., payment details and any other information necessary to process a donation or contribution); and
- electronic information about your internet activity (e.g., IP addresses, browsing history, interactions with our Site, information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other online tracking technologies (see below for more information)).
Among other things, the technologies and services that we use to facilitate electronic information collection on our Site may include:
- Pixels, Web Beacons, and Tracking Scripts. Pages of our Site, or emails to you, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). We use this information to assist us in improving our user experience.
- Microsoft. We use Microsoft Advertising and Bing, services provided by Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft”), for advertising purposes and to capture details about your use of the Site. For information about how Microsoft collects or receives information to provide their services to us, please visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement located at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
In general, TGH will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, except when required to do so by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if we provide your personal information to others, it is to affiliates, service providers, and other third parties that help us provide our services.
We may also use your personal information to:
- provide healthcare services (e.g., confirm appointments and fulfil requests for physician referrals);
- operate, improve, and manage our business (e.g., enforce our rights, prevent fraud, respond to court orders, and for other legal compliance purposes);
- optimize the performance and user experience of our Site (e.g., respond to your questions and requests);
- market and advertise our services to you;
- send you email newsletters;
- conduct research and analysis;
- communicate with you about your account, community events, and surveys; and
- perform any other purpose to which you consent.
Email Communications, Newsletter, and Related Services
Our Site provides you with the opportunity to receive communications from us and third parties. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time. You may use the unsubscribe mechanism or link in our marketing emails if you wish to stop receiving marketing emails from us.
Email communications that you send to us via the email links on our Site may be shared with a customer service representative, employee, medical expert, or agent that is most able to address your inquiry. We make every effort to respond in a timely fashion once communications are received. Note that email communications that you send us via the email links on our Site are not automatically encrypted, and it is possible that unencrypted email communications with us will be accessed or viewed by another internet user while in transit to us.
Third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising purposes. For example, for information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, please visit: optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1/. You can also set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
At times, we survey visitors to our Site. The information from these surveys is used in aggregated, de-identified form to help us improve our Site and understand the needs of our visitors. If survey respondents provide personal information (such as an email address) in a survey, it is shared only with those people who need to see it to respond to the question or request, or with third parties who perform data management services for our Site.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Please be aware that any personal information you submit to our Site will be transferred to, and processed in, the United States and the data protection laws and regulations that apply to your personal information may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
Data Retention and Destruction
We will not retain your personal information for longer than reasonably necessary for the purpose(s) we collected it. The retention period depends on criteria such as the nature of our relationship with you, contractual commitments to you, your practice, or your medical provider, when you last interacted with us (including by accessing our Site), the type of personal information at issue, and legal considerations.
No security is perfect, so we cannot guarantee that the information you provide to us will be 100 percent secure. We do, however, take administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect the information you provide to us.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they "do not track" your online activities. At this time, we do not respond to web browsers’ Do Not Track signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking (e.g., cookies) by following the instructions in the “Your Choices” section above.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from any child under 13 years old without parental consent, and we do not direct our Site to them. If we become aware that we’ve collected any such data, we will delete it.
Links to External Websites
For additional information, or to speak with us regarding our data practices, please contact us at:
TGH Corporate Compliance & Privacy Dept.
P.O. Box 1289, Tampa, FL 33601
Phone: (813) 844-4813