Tampa General Hospital’s Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a diverse group of patients, family members and/or caregivers who meet regularly to advise the hospital about ways to enhance the patient experience by providing more patient-centered care in an effort to help fulfill its goal of becoming the healthcare choice for our community.
Why Should I Join The PFAC?
By becoming a PFAC member and sharing your unique experience and voice, you can help TGH improve its services, make a difference in the lives of other patients and families, and help improve patient-centered care. If you are selected to become a member, you will be asked to attend monthly meetings and represent the PFAC on one or more committees.
Who Is Eligible to Serve on PFAC?
While there is no educational background or experience required, in order to become a member of the PFAC you must:
- Be a former patient, family member and/or caregiver
- Commit to serve and attend meetings regularly
- Advisors that have had no communication with PFAC leadership in a two-month period will be marked inactive.
- Share Tampa General Hospital’s commitment to excellence in patient-centered care
- Have a positive approach and ability to share and see different points of view
- Not be in an active state of health crisis
How Can I Join PFAC?
If you are interested in joining the Patient Family Advisory Council, start the application process here. Space is limited so it is possible that not all applicants will be accepted to serve on the Council. However, all applications will be kept on file as future openings occur. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Patient Advisory Coordinator Kristen Lea Kellar at KKellar@tgh.org or 813-844-8315.
Application Process Requirements/Steps
- Submit PFAC/Volunteer Services application
- Interview with PFAC Chair
- Once approved by PFAC leadership, Volunteer Services will require:
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Volunteer Onboarding forms packet
- Online TGH background check
- Volunteer Online Orientation
- Photo and PFAC badge creation at TGH Human Resources (instructions provided by Volunteer Services)
Adult PFAC Mission/Vision
The mission of the Patient and Family Advisory Council is to be a passionate advocate for communication and collaboration between patients, families, caregivers, and healthcare providers to promote an exceptional patient experience at Tampa General Hospital.
Our vision is to continually improve the patient experience through the delivery of the highest standards of comprehensive and compassionate care at Tampa General Hospital.
We will communicate constructive ideas, thoughts, and philosophies efficiently and with total neutrality.