Tampa General Hospital’s acute care rotation program (ACRP) gives registered nurses a yearlong view at a wide variety of career paths, allowing them to gain firsthand experience with the full support of a program manager.
Participation in the acute care rotation program at TGH comes with several exciting benefits, including:
A reasonable work schedule of 36 hours per week
An extensive orientation period that sets participants up for success
The opportunity to work in a diverse range of units and gain well-rounded clinical experience
Participants in TGH’s acute care rotation program must have a:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree (waived for current team members)
- Registered nurse (RN) licensure in the state of Florida
Previous acute care experience is not required to join the program.
Acute Care Rotation Structure
TGH’s acute care rotation program is divided into six sessions that are completed over the course of 36 weeks:
- Session one (12 weeks): Nurses will participate in new team member orientation, attend the acute care transition program, train in their first unit and work as a team member for three to four weeks in that same unit.
- Session two (8 weeks): Nurses will train in a new unit for two weeks and work as a team member for six weeks.
- Session three (8 weeks): Nurses will train in a different unit for one week and work as a team member for seven weeks.
- Session four (8 weeks): Nurses will train in a new unit for one shift (12 hours) and work as a team member for the remainder of the program.
Participants will have every other weekend off as well as half of all nationally recognized holidays.
- Acute cardiac care
- Cardiac surgery
- Cardiac medicine
- Complex medicine
- Orthopedic trauma
- Primary care
- Progressive burn
- Short stay
- Surgical trauma
- Joint Center
- Transplant units
- Vascular surgical acute care
Take the Next Step
To receive more information about Tampa General Hospital’s acute care rotation program, call 1-800-288-5444 or email Talent Acquisition at JoinOurTeam@tgh.org. You can also apply on our website at www.tgh.org/careers.