WHY CHOOSE TGH?Our primary focus is on our patients and how we can improve the quality of their lives. As such, comprehensive kidney disease management isn’t an option, it’s a standard approach to care. Our multidisciplinary team treats patients at any stage of kidney disease, from mild cases to the most severe, for which dialysis and ultimately kidney transplantation may be required.
When we map out treatment plans, we keep patients in the middle of the decision-making process. Additionally, our team of nephrologists, surgeons, and other specialists work with community physicians and other medical providers to help coordinate care among our patients. We also promote services that make access to treatments easier for our patients, such as:
- Helping to reduce disparities in patient care
- Promoting home dialysis therapies
- Improving access to and education about kidney transplant as a treatment option
HIGH-VOLUME CENTEROne reason Tampa General Hospital is ranked among the best hospitals in the nation for nephrology is our high volume of kidney patients. We consistently diagnose and treat many complex cases, which translates to excellent outcomes and experiences for our patients. In fact, when it comes to transplantation, TGH’s kidney transplant program is ranked #3 in the nation by volume and our survival rates exceed national benchmarks.
Our nephrology specialists are at the forefront of research and technological advancements in renal disorder treatments. Areas of clinical research include:
- Cardiovascular outcomes after kidney transplantation
- Patients with end-stage kidney disease secondary to systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Multiorgan transplantation
- Cytomegalovirus prophylaxis and polyoma virus infection after kidney transplant
To learn more about TGH’s Nephrology Program, use our Physician Finder to schedule an appointment with a nephrologist. Our kidney experts are standing by to answer any questions you may have.