Nursing at TGH
Tampa General Hospital is proud to have been awarded Magnet status for a third time by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing. Magnet designation recognizes hospitals that demonstrate excellence in nursing philosophy and practices, adherence to national standards for improving patient care, leadership, and sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity.
Click here to read more about TGH's designation.
Click here to read TGH nursing unit descriptions.
Nursing Professional Practice Model
The Nursing Professional Practice Model is a structure, process, and values that support professional nurses in the delivery of nursing care and the environment in which the care is delivered. The model can help guide the professional nurse at the bedside in all actions, elevating the level of care. It will also guide Nurse Practice Council in decision making.
The five components
- Values - Caring, Integrity, Advocacy, Respect, Accountability, Competency
- Professional Relationships - Interdisciplinary Partnerships, Professional Rapport, Effective Communication
- Care Delivery Model - Interdisciplinary Patient Centered Care with Family and Community Support
- Recognition and Rewards - Recognize Exemplary Professional Practice, Promote Professional Advancement and Behaviors
- Governance - Collaborative decision making
History of our Nursing Professional Practice Model
On June 20, 2012, nurses throughout the hospital and clinics met at a workshop and wrote the Nursing Professional Practice Model for TGH. The five components: values, professional relationships, care delivery model, recognition and rewards and governance were decided on. In the workshop, the final decision was to create a logo that included all five components of the Nursing Professional Practice Model. In addition, this group created the Nursing Mission and Vision statements which align with the hospital Mission and Vision statements.