Tampa General Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute Provides Comprehensive Care for a Range of Cardiac and Vascular Conditions
Tampa General Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute provides comprehensive, individualized care for patients with a variety of cardiac (heart) and vascular (artery and vein) conditions.
Patients who visit our heart and vascular institute are able to consult with some of the most experienced and skilled physicians in the fields of cardiology and vascular care. Our team includes board-certified cardiac and vascular surgeons, cardiologists, diagnostic radiologists, interventional radiologists, electrophysiologists and specialized cardiac care nurses.
Our multidisciplinary team is well-equipped to diagnose and treat a variety of cardiovascular conditions, ranging from coronary artery disease and arrhythmias to heart failure and cardiogenic shock. Our experience allows us to handle some of the most complex cases seen in Florida and we emphasize patient comfort and safety every step of the way.
TGH offers a full array of services, including:
- Diagnostic cardiology – Our diagnostic capabilities include 3D printing that allows us to see and hold replicas of cardiovascular structures.
- Cardiac surgery – From hybrid revascularization to valve repair and replacement, our heart surgeons perform many complex heart surgeries.
- Vascular surgery – Our vascular surgeons are experts who specialize in technologically advanced procedures, including endovascular stent grafts, aortic surgeries and cosmetic vein procedures.
- Interventional and electrophysiological procedures – We perform everything from catheter-based procedures to conduction system pacing in our state-of-the-art catheterization labs.
- Heart transplant – Our program ranks among the nation’s busiest and we performed the first life-saving heart transplant in the state.
- Comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation – Our experienced rehab team evaluates each patient in the program and creates individualized treatment plans.
One of America’s Best Hospitals for Cardiology & Heart Surgery
Additional Accolades & Certifications
Tampa General Hospital has been named to Newsweek's World's Best Hospitals 2021 list, a recognition based on peer recommendations from doctors, nurses, hospital managers and other healthcare professionals, as well as patient satisfaction surveys and medical key performance indicators. TGH is one of only six hospitals in Florida to be recognized.
We also have disease-specific certification from The Joint Commission for heart failure and ventricular assist device implantation, making us one of the most trusted providers of cardiovascular care in the region.
Our state-of-the-art heart and vascular institute offers everything patients might need in more than 77,000 square feet of designated space, including:
- Six cardiac catheterization labs
- Seven interventional radiology suites
- Eight cardiac operating rooms
- A hybrid heart valve operating room
- 47 pre- and post-procedure patient rooms
We Provide the Best Outcomes for Patients
TGH is committed to ensuring that every patient we see receives world-class cardiovascular care, regardless of their condition or its severity. As such, we take the time to internally monitor and track our statistics and outcomes so we can continually improve our processes and the level of care we provide to our patients.