Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Tampa General Hospital. Volunteers who donate their time and share their talents with Tampa General Hospital play a significant role in the experience of our patients and families. We appreciate the dedicated, compassionate and conscientious service they provide to patients, visitors, TGH staff and medical professionals. Our volunteers provide non-medical comfort and care to patients and assist hospital departments.
TGH Volunteer Requirements:
- Commit to a minimum of 60 service hours
- Must be 18 years or older
- A sincere interest in helping others in a caring, compassionate and dedicated manner
- If selected, commitment to complete a health screening, drug test, background check, and orientation
- Professional and positive attitude with the ability to accept supervision graciously
Benefits of Volunteering at TGH include:
- Free parking
- $7.50 hospital cafeteria credit toward your meal during your volunteer shift
- Free flu shot
- Free annual cholesterol screening
- Eligibility to use the TGH Health and Wellness Center for free if you volunteer 10 hours or more a month
- Free TB testing
- Recognition and service award events
- Volunteers are members of the TGH family, and are invited to participate in hospital events, including holiday celebrations and discounted ticket sales
To apply to become a TGH Volunteer, please complete the following.
Step 1: Complete the online TGH Volunteer Application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on the first Monday of every month. After the review is complete, applicants will receive an email notification of their status within 7-10 business days.
Due to the high volume of volunteer applicants, we are unable to accept every applicant and are only recruiting for areas listed on the online application. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Thank you, again for your interest in volunteering with us at Tampa General Hospital.