Thank you for being interested in volunteering with Tampa General Hospital. Volunteers who donate their time and share their talents with Tampa General Hospital play a significant role in the experience of our patients and families. We appreciate their dedicated, compassionate, and conscientious service to patients, visitors, TGH team members, and medical professionals. Our volunteers provide non-medical comfort and care to patients and assist departments.
TGH Volunteer Requirements:
- Commit to a minimum of 60 service hours over a continuous four-month period
- Volunteer one service shift of 3-4 hours a week
- Must be at least 16 years old at time of the application.
- For minors (16-17 years old): Parent/Guardian must co-sign application and all documents.
- A sincere interest in helping others in a caring, compassionate and dedicated manner
- If selected, commitment to complete a TGH Team Member Health Clearance, background check, and online orientation by 1st of month following selection email
- Professional and positive attitude with the ability to accept supervision graciously
Benefits of Volunteering at TGH include:
- Service to the community
- New friendships
- Free Flu Shot
- New skills
- Free parking in designated areas
- $7.50 hospital cafeteria credit toward your meal during your volunteer shift
- Recognition, service award and other appreciation events
- Career exploration opportunities
- Gift Shop discounts
- Inclusion in the hospital, system, and volunteer activities
- Schedules available mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends
To apply to become a TGH Volunteer, please complete the following.
Step 1: Complete the online TGH Volunteer application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Volunteer Application Review
Applications Received By Noon:
Volunteers Begin By:
Selected applicants will receive an email notification within 5 business days.
Due to the high volume of volunteer applicants, we are unable to accept every applicant and are only recruiting new volunteers for areas listed on the online application. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Thank you, again for your interest in volunteering with us at Tampa General Hospital.