Who We Are
Tampa General Rehabilitation Center is a freestanding 59-bed state-of-the-art facility located on the campus of Tampa General Hospital and affiliated with the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine. Tampa General Rehabilitation Center provides a comprehensive, inpatient, team-oriented approach to rehabilitation for individuals with limited abilities.
Why choose Tampa General Rehabilitation Center? We are…
- accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- a state-designated Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Center by the BSCIP Program of Florida.
- part of the region’s only Level I Trauma Center providing a continuum of care from acute hospitalization to outpatient therapies.
- staffed by rehab professionals and proud of our ability to return up to 75 percent of patients to the community.
Tampa General Rehabilitation Center is dedicated to serving individuals with functional limitations and their caregivers by promoting optimal independence and quality of life through an interdisciplinary team approach across a continuum of care.
The purpose of rehabilitation is to improve function through therapy and education. This is accomplished through a team effort. Team members include: patient and family members, rehab physiatrists (rehab doctors), rehab nurses, care coordinators/social workers, physical, occupational and speech therapists, psychologists, recreational therapists and other rehab experts. The team’s goals are to help you:
- Minimize your impairments
- Return to a functional lifestyle
- Reduce your activity limitations (disabilities)
- Lessen your participation restrictions (handicaps)
- Reach your personal goals for independence
- Improve function through therapy and education