The TGH Parathyroid & Thyroid Institute specializes in the evaluation and surgical treatment of parathyroid and thyroid disorders.
The parathyroid is a tiny endocrine gland located adjacent to the thyroid in the neck. Everyone has four of them (very rarely five), and they all do one thing: regulate calcium levels in the blood. They do this by producing a parathyroid hormone (PTH). Parathyroid disorders are characterized by abnormal functioning of the parathyroid glands.
Conditions Treated Include:
- Primary hyperparathyroidism
- Benign and malignant parathyroid tumors
- Secondary hyperparathyroidism (renal/dialysis)
- Tertiary hyperparathyroidism
- Normocalcemic primary hyperparathyroidism
- Persistent and recurrent hyperparathyroidism (ie. unsuccessful prior surgery)
- High blood calcium
- Parathyroid cancer
- Thyroid nodules
- Graves' disease
- Thyroid cancer