At Tampa General Hospital’s Parathyroid & Thyroid Institute, we provide world-class care in a patient-focused environment. While our parathyroid and thyroid surgeons, nurses and technicians are extremely skilled in diagnosing and treating parathyroid and thyroid disorders, our office staff is often the first touch point for our patients. Our office team is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, and they create a warm, welcoming introduction to the journey that each of our patients embark on with us. We are always available to answer any questions, discuss concerns and can help patients navigate MyChart as well.
What to Expect
When you become a patient at TGH’s Parathyroid & Thyroid Institute, here’s what you can expect:
- Fill Out the Intake Form: The process starts with our patient intake form. You’ll be asked to fill out this form to share a brief medical history as well as other pertinent information.
- Create an Account in MyChart: We recommend registering for a MyChart account. If you do not already have an account, visit mychart.tgh.org.Once you have a registered account, complete the parathyroid questionnaire found in your MyChart account.
- Complete a Medical History Questionnaire: Next, our team members will review your submission and contact you with next steps. This includes finalizing a more thorough medical history questionnaire that you can also complete through MyChart.
- Schedule a No Extra-Fee Consultation: If you meet the criteria, we will schedule a consultation with one of our parathyroid and thyroid surgeons. We offer consultations that can take place here in our Tampa clinic or virtually. Most parathyroid and thyroid doctors do not offer virtual appointments and often charge exorbitant fees for a phone call. However, we believe in making world-class medical care as accessible as possible.
- Schedule Treatment: If you meet the criteria, the office will contact you to schedule your surgery.
- Review Post-Operative Details: Following your procedure, your care team will review post-operative care details with you. You’ll receive a printed sheet with instructions and you’ll have access to the personal cell phone numbers and emails of Drs. Politz and Lopez, should you have any pressing questions or concerns. Our team is always available to you, any time of day or night. 24/7.
At Tampa General Hospital’s Parathyroid & Thyroid Institute, we firmly believe in creating a personalized and patient-focused journey for each of our patients. This process starts as soon as you fill out our intake form and continues well after treatment.
While many parathyroid and thyroid clinics provide exceptional surgery services, they fall short when it comes to post-operative care. The chief complaint our patients have about other clinics is that there is little to no care plan or communication between the medical team and patients after surgery. This includes their physicians.
At TGH, we promise to stand by our patients even after their surgery so we can ensure they are on their way to a full recovery. As such, we provide patients with detailed post-operative care information and orders, and our parathyroid and thyroid specialists even provide their personal contact information. This gives patients the peace of mind they need post-treatment to ask any questions or mention any concerns.