Tampa General Hospital offers Assistive Technology services through FAAST, Florida’s Assistive Technology Program. A FAAST representative can assist you with the following services:
- Device demonstrations to learn about and compare features and benefits of a variety of devices
- Device loans to trial equipment at home, school, work, and community prior to purchasing
- Training for individuals, professionals and families related to the availability and use of assistive technology
- Information and referral to programs and vendors who provide assistive technology devices or services.
WHAT IS ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY?
Assistive Technology devices are tools and strategies to help individuals with disabilities of all ages to participate more independently in play, school, work, and life. It is commonly used by individuals with disabilities and seniors and includes the following:
- Communication devices like eye gaze boards, voice output devices and communication apps
- Vision devices such as magnifiers, talking prescription bottles and screen reading programs
- Hearing devices such as amplified phones, assisted listening and FM systems
- Environmental control systems to operate lights, devices and appliances through switch, voice or phone activation
- Learning tools, games and adaptive toys such as switch toys, sensory toys, interactive apps and built-up writing instruments
- Computer adaptations such as modified keyboards, voice and mouse options
- Adapted daily living tools such as built up spoons, dressing aids and jar openers
6 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33606
Call (813) 844-7591 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.