Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery
Tampa General Hospital and USF Health are proud to partner on a joint program focused on bariatric surgery. Since 1998, TGH and USF Health have helped over 3,500 patients achieve a healthy weight and lifestyle, making us a leader in bariatric surgery because of our integrated and comprehensive approach.
Our team of bariatric physicians, psychologists, dietitians and exercise physiologists work together to help each patient reach their weight loss goals. And all of these resources are located in one place, for our patients’ convenience. We also provide long-term support to ensure goals are maintained.
Surgical weight loss procedures include:
- gastric bypass
- sleeve gastrectomy
- gastric banding
- revisional bariatric surgery
Click here to view a video of a laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding procedure.
Click here to view a video about weight loss surgery at Tampa General Hospital.
Because TGH has a proven record of excellent short and long-term outcomes, the American Society for Bariatric Surgery has named TGH a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. TGH’s bariatric surgery services also received disease-specific certification from The Joint Commission.
Tampa General provides patients with a full spectrum of pre- and post-operative care in an obesity-friendly environment. Services include:
- Comprehensive wellness assessment with experienced bariatric physicians, dieticians, exercise physiologists and psychologists
- Physician-monitored weight loss programs (including those tailored to decrease risk of surgery by decreasing pre-operative weight)
- Complete post-operative care programs including medical care for complications, nutritional intervention and psychological assistance
- Long-term support to help ensure goals are maintained and to assist in the prevention of post-operative weight gain
- Support groups that focus on real-life issues such as how to adjust to your new body, ordering meals when eating out, nutritional supplements, how to handle medications and stress eating.