Visitor Code of Conduct
Please help us maintain a healing environment for our patients. Visiting hours and policies vary throughout the hospital. Please ask a staff member about the policy on the unit you wish to visit. We ask that you comply with the following visitor rules:
- Do not visit if you are sick, (fever, cough, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea) or have been exposed to chicken pox or other contagious illnesses within the past three weeks.
- Clean your hands each time you enter and leave the patient’s room.
- Follow isolation precautions that are posted on the patient’s door.
- Do not touch patient equipment, patient wounds, or bandages while visiting.
- You must wear shoes and shirts at all times. Clothing must be clean and neat.
- Visitors are limited to two per patient.
- Do not use waiting rooms on a unit if you are not visiting a patient in that unit.
- Waiting rooms are not for overnight stays.
- Children must have adult supervision at all times and must be respectful of the hospital’s healing environment. Some units prohibit children from visiting.
You will be asked to leave for violating any of the above rules or for the following:
- Your behavior creates a risk or threat to patients, families or staff.
- You appear to be ill.
- You refuse to follow isolation precautions.
- You are not respectful or considerate of others.
- You fail to supervise children.
- If you believe someone is violating these rules, or you need assistance, please notify security by dialing 7363 on the hospital phones or 813-844-7363 on your mobile phone. Security is available at all times.
WAITING AREAS ARE MONITORED AT ALL TIMES BY A SECURITY VIDEO CAMERA.