Patient and Family Advisory Council Information and Volunteer Application
What is the Patient and Family Advisory Council?
Tampa General Hospital’s Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a diversified group of patients who regularly meet to advise Tampa General Hospital on how we can enhance the patient experience by providing better patient centered care and fulfill our goal of becoming the healthcare choice for our community. Join our Patient and Family Advisory Council volunteer and help us create patient-centered care through your insight and voice.
Why should I join the PFAC?
By becoming a PFAC member and sharing your unique experience, you can help us improve our services and make a difference in the lives of other patients and their families. If you are selected to become a member, you will be asked to attend monthly meetings and represent the PFAC on one or more committees. There is no educational background or experience required.
Who is eligible to serve on PFAC?
To become a member of the PFAC, you must:
- Be a former patient, family member and/or caregiver
- Be able to commit to meetings and serve consistently
- Share Tampa General Hospital’s commitment to excellence in patient-centered care
- Have a positive approach and ability to share and see different points of view
How can I join PFAC?
You must complete an application (link below) and go through an interview. Space is limited so it is possible that not all applicants will be able to serve on the Council, but all applications will be kept on file as future openings occur. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Patient Advisory Coordinator Kristen Lea Kellar at KKellar@tgh.org or (813) 844-8315.
Application Process Requirements/Steps:
- PFAC/Volunteer Services Application submission
- Interview with PFAC Chair
- Once approved by PFAC leadership, Volunteer Services Review will require:
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Completed forms (provided by Volunteer Services):
- Background check form
- HIPAA Acknowledgement form
- Conflict of Interest Form
- Volunteer Online Orientation- link provided to applicant by Volunteer Services
- Photo and PFAC badge creation at TGH Human Resources (instructions provided by Volunteer Services)