Technology can help you make physical activity a part of your everyday life. These are just some of the smartphone apps you can utilize to develop healthy habits and track your exercise and progress.
Emotional Wellness Apps
- Calm - Calm is the #1 app for sleep and meditation. Join the millions experiencing better sleep, lower stress, and less anxiety.
- Headspace - Meditation has been shown to help people stress less, focus more and even sleep better. Headspace is meditation made simple. We'll teach you life-changing skills of meditation and mindfulness in just a few minutes a day.
- Daily Workouts Fitness Trainer - Daily Workouts FREE is a great 5 to 30 minute daily workout routine for men and women that steps you through some of the best exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home. These proven workouts, demonstrated by a certified personal trainer, target all major muscles. Spending just minutes a day can strengthen and tone your body.
- Glo Yoga and Meditation - Glo is online yoga, Pilates, and meditation designed to help you feel better in body and mind. Practice at home or on the go with the world’s best teachers. With classes for every life stage, level, and need, we’ll help you create a practice that’s uniquely your own.
- JEFIT Workout Planner Gym Log - The only exercise tracker with detailed workout programs, HD video exercise instructions and tools to log and track your workouts. On your iOS device or on your desktop, use JEFIT to track your training at home or at the gym and throw away your notebook.
- Sworkit Fitness and Workout - Finally, a fitness system that understands your pain, frustration, and schedule. With Sworkit, the feeling of being too busy, too intimidated, or too unmotivated will be a thing of the past. You can live your best life, once and for all. Who says you can't get and stay in shape? Make 2020 the year you finally take control.
- Fooducate - Foodcuate makes grocery shopping surprisingly fun. Open the app, scan barcodes, and get a quick read on how healthy each item is. It also tracks sleep, mood, and hunger levels. Then Fooducate analyzes all of the information and provides feedback to help you meet your health and fitness goals.
- MyFitnessPal - MyFitnessPal is the most popular health and fitness app in the world, and it's easy to see why. The app's database of more than 6 million foods makes it easy to track your diet, no matter what you eat. Whether you're trying to lose weight or put on muscle, the app helps determine the best things to eat to meet your goals.
- Lifesum: Diet and Macro Tracker - Personalized Diets and Meal Plans, food and exercise tracking, calorie counter, and healthy recipes, all in one place. Get healthy and feel great with Lifesum!
- Plate Joy - Healthy eating, simplified. Achieve your health & fitness goals with custom-designed meal plans and grocery lists tailored to you. Personalized meal plans for any lifestyle: Paleo, Gluten Free, Weight Loss, Kid Friendly, Vegetarian, Vegan, Low Carb, Low Fat, Diabetic & Prediabetic, Low FODMAP and more.
Connect with MyChart
Connect your fitness data to your MyChart electronic medical record for Tampa General Hospital or Tampa General Medical Group.
- Locate Apple Health app/icon on iPhone
- Click on Browse at bottom of screen
- Scroll down to add account
- Click on “Add Account”
- Add location services if prompted
- Search for Tampa General Hospital or Tampa General Medical Group
- Click on “Connect Account”
- Enter MyChart Credentials to link the two accounts