Fetal Therapy Surgery
Together, TGH and USF Health offer comprehensive prenatal and fetal care for high risk pregnancies with the most complex fetal diagnoses. Prenatal imaging, including ultrasound, fetal MRI and fetal echocardiography is available to complete a thorough fetal diagnosis.
Our many fetal care services include:
- Treatment for twin to twin transfusion syndrome
- Intrauterine fetal transfusions for fetal anemia/isoimmunization
- Thoraco-amniotic shunting for pleural effusions, CCAM
- Bladder shunt for bladder outlet obstruction LUTO – Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction or bladder outlet obstruction
- Cordocentesis for diagnostic purposes
- Ex utero intrapartum treatment (EXIT procedure) for congenital high airway obstruction syndrome (CHAOS) and other airway obstruction
Our team consists of fetal surgeons, maternal fetal medicine specialists, high-risk obstetricians, pediatric specialists, nurses specializing in fetal care and specialized coordinators. A dedicated nurse coordinator provides continuity of care and a point of contact throughout the pregnancy, helping to ease patient anxiety.
TGH’s Women’s Center offers state-of-the-art operating rooms, delivery suites and specialized antepartum and postpartum care while our Level IV Jennifer Leigh Muma Neonatal Intensive Care Unit provides the highest level of care for premature and critically ill newborns.