Tropical Storm Idalia
The safety of our patients, visitors and team members remains our top priority.
Tampa General Hospital teams are monitoring the storm and responding to the impacts of Tropical Storm Idalia. We will provide updates on this page for our patients and community throughout this weather event. Please return here for the latest information.
Latest Updates as of August 30, 2023
To ensure adequate resources for patients and staff, TGH cannot serve as a shelter. For information on special needs shelters in your area, visit www.tampagov.net/hurricane.
In order to safely care for our patients, we have implemented temporary changes to our Visitation Policy. Click here to see full details.
Location Closures and Schedules
TGH Freestanding Emergency Centers will open and resume normal business hours Wednesday, August 30, at 7 p.m. This includes:
- TGH Brandon Emergency Center (10740 Palm River Road)
- TGH Kennedy Emergency Center (1301 W. Kennedy Blvd.)
Clinics and Offices: Florida West Coast Ambulatory locations will open and resume normal business hours Thursday, August 31. This includes the below locations:
- TGH Urgent Care powered Fast Track
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers (TGH Outpatient Center & Morsani)
- Tampa General Medical Group (TGMG)
- USF Health Clinics
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- TGH Cancer Institute Infusion and Radiation Oncology Clinics
Florida Urology Partners offices will reopen Thursday, August 31, with the exception of the clinic located at 1 Davis Blvd, Suite 604.
Resources & Links
- Hillsborough County Shelter Listing - https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/library/hillsborough/media-center/documents/emergency-management/hillsborough-evacuation-zone-map-english.pdf
- Disaster Planning Guide with shelter information (English) https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/library/hillsborough/media-center/documents/emergency-management/hillsborough-disaster-planning-guide-english.pdf
- Disaster Planning Guide with shelter information (Spanish) https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/library/hillsborough/media-center/documents/emergency-management/hillsborough-disaster-planning-guide-espanol.pdf
- For Special Needs Shelter Information - https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/en/residents/public-safety/emergency-management/action-folder/register-for-special-needs-disaster-assistance
- Pinellas County Shelter listing - https://pinellas.gov/emergency-information/public-shelters/
Weather Related Organizations
- National Hurricane Center www.nhc.noaa.gov
- National Weather Service (NOAA) / Tampa Bay Region www.nws.noaa.gov
- Storm Prediction Center www.spc.noaa.gov
Emergency Preparedness Resources
Emergency Management Organizations