Hurricane Ian Update
Our hearts are heavy as we see the devastation Hurricane Ian has created in communities across Florida. Our thoughts are with those dealing with the storm's impact and we are actively mobilizing to help. Tampa General Hospital continues to serve our local communities.
Below are the latest updates on our services and locations as of 12 p.m., Friday, September 30, 2022.
Tampa General Hospital Emergency Department
Injuries often happen during cleanup after the storm. Our Tampa General Hospital ER remained open throughout the storm and continues to care for adult and pediatric patients.
TGH Brandon Healthplex Emergency Department
Our ER at Brandon Healthplex is open.
The standard visitation policy is in effect at Tampa General Hospital. Click here to see full details.
Ambulatory Location Reopenings and Schedules
- TGH Brandon Healthplex - The Emergency Department at Brandon Healthplex is open. All other Brandon Healthplex facilities and services are also open EXCEPT for the Outpatient Surgery Center at Brandon Healthplex, which will reopen on Monday, October 3, 2022.
- TGH Urgent Care powered Fast Track – The majority of our urgent care locations are open EXCEPT of our facilities at South Tampa and Fish Hawk, which remain closed.
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers – The TGH Surgery Center at Morsani is open. The Outpatient Surgery Center at Brandon Healthplex will reopen on Monday, October 3, 2022.
- Tampa General Medical Group physician offices and clinics – All locations are open.
- TGH Imaging powered by Tower locations– All locations are open EXCEPT Riverview.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation locations – All locations are open EXCEPT our Armenia location.
- Cancer Institute – All services and Cancer Institute facilities are open.
Surgeries & Procedures
Elective surgeries and procedures have resumed.
TGH Virtual Health
As hundreds of thousands of Floridians face a time of need, Tampa General Hospital is working to ensure that they can count on readily available access to high-quality care, 24/7. Our TGH Virtual Health providers and partners are standing by to help those families who have been displaced from their doctors and regular routines, but who still need non-emergency medical care.
Clinical Student Rotations
All clinical student rotations are suspended and will resume Friday, September 30.
Resources & Links
Weather Related Organizations
National Hurricane Center www.nhc.noaa.gov
National Weather Service (NOAA) / Tampa Bay Region www.nws.noaa.gov
Storm Prediction Center www.spc.noaa.gov
Emergency Preparedness Resources
Emergency Management Organizations
Hillsborough (813) 272-6900 www.hillsboroughcounty.org/emergency
Pinellas (727) 464-3800 www.pinellascounty.org/emergency
Pasco (727) 847-8137 www.pascoemergencymanagement.com
Polk (863) 534-5600 www.polk-county.net
Manatee (941) 749-3500 www.mymanatee.org
To ensure adequate resources for patients and staff, TGH cannot serve as a shelter. For information on special needs shelters in your area call Tampa's Emergency Hotline at 1-833-872-4636 or visit www.tampagov.net/hurricane.
As we evaluate our Visitation Policy, any updates will be posted here.