School of Medical Laboratory Science: Shared Purpose
As the region’s leading safety net hospital, Tampa General is committed to providing area residents with excellent and compassionate health care ranging from the simplest to the most complex medical services. The shared purpose of TGH: “We heal. We teach. We innovate. Care for everyone. Everyday.“ The vision of TGH is to be the safest and most innovative academic health system in America. In addition, the School of Medical Laboratory Science is committed to providing its students with most current, clinically relevant theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to practice medical laboratory science. We are driven by the belief that by graduating competent, quality minded, ethical professionals, we will enhance patient safety in the community we serve and perpetuate the highest standards in the field of medical laboratory science.
School of Medical Laboratory Science: Goals
- To equip our students with the education necessary to be part of a high-performance laboratory team that provides accurate and timely laboratory results to aide in the diagnosis and treatment of disease and maintenance of health.
- To provide students with the skills necessary to succeed in the medical laboratory and allied health field.
- To instill the practice of quality assurance and quality improvement in day to day laboratory performance.
- To provide an atmosphere that promotes courteous and professional communication between co-workers, students, patients and all members of the healthcare team.
- To encourage professional curiosity and instill the value of continuing education for growth and maintenance of professional competence.
- To provide our community with dedicated and highly skilled laboratory professionals.
- To promote ethical behavior as a foundation for leadership and education.
- To inspire our students to educate future laboratorians.
- To instill in our students that patient’s come first in all that we do.