Biofeedback uses computerized equipment to help you become more aware of physical changes in your body that you usually do not notice. Biofeedback signals give immediate information about biological conditions. Changes in muscle activity, skin surface temperature and emotional arousal are monitored and shown to you via signals on a computer monitor. During evaluation, certain muscle groups will be monitored to identify levels of activity. A brief history will be taken to identify activities and situations that may increase muscle activity leading to increased pain levels. During your treatment you will learn relaxation and breathing techniques. Clinical biofeedback is used to treat an ever-lengthening list of conditions:
- Migraine headaches, tension headaches.
- Pain secondary to organic origin.
- Disorders of the digestive system
- Raynaud’s disease
- Temporal mandibular disorder
- Fecal and urinary incontinence
- Pelvic and anal pain syndromes
- Stroke, paralysis and other movement disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Primary hyperventilation
- Muscle spasm
- Postural deviations with muscular origin
- Chronic pain disorders
TGH Biofeedback is performed at TGH Outpatient Rehabilitation at Medical Village.
Call us today to schedule an appointment at (813) 660-6940.