Tampa General Hospital and USF Health Morsani College of Medicine have partnered with the Tampa Bay Economic Development Council to create an epicenter of life sciences in downtown Tampa.
Inspired by renowned medical districts in the nation’s greatest cities, Tampa now houses a growing hub of world-class clinical care, academics, research, and biotechnology anchored by one of the largest academic health institutions in the nation — Tampa General Hospital and the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine.
In partnership with the Tampa Bay Economic Development Council, the Tampa Medical and Research District is building an inclusive ecosystem to attract top talent and world-class innovation, serving as a catalyst for job creation and a healthier, more prosperous region.
The Tampa Medical and Research District is attracting renowned clinicians and researchers, resulting in increased access to experts, cutting-edge research, education, and technology for patients and students.
Medical and Research District Assets | Tampa General Hospital
- Tampa General Hospital
- Tampa General Medical Group
- TGH Analytics Hub
- TGH Animal Health Care Center at The Florida Aquarium
- TGH Behavioral Health Hospital (In Development)
- TGH Children’s Hospital
- TGH Global Emerging Diseases Institute (GEDI)
- TGH Imaging Powered by Tower
- TGH Innoventures
- TGH Kennedy Emergency Center
- TGH Precision Medicine Biorepository
- TGH Proton Therapy Center (In Development)
- TGH Rehabilitation Hospital
- TGH Transplant Institute
- TGH Urgent Care Powered by Fast Track
- TGH | USF People Development Institute
- USF Health Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS)
- USF Health Morsani College of Medicine
- USF Health South Tampa Center for Advanced Healthcare