TGH Volunteer Craft Kit Program
The TGH Volunteer Craft Kit Program provides an opportunity for students of any age, families, classrooms, or groups who are interested in volunteerism to positively impact TGH patients using their creativity. There is no minimum age to participate and all volunteer work is completed offsite and as the volunteer’s schedule permits. Guidelines for participation and volunteer hours are below as well as project ideas. If you are interested in participating in this unique volunteer opportunity, please email your craft kit idea proposal to TGH Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for submission and volunteer hour credit
- Craft kits must be pre-approved by Volunteer Services before starting the project
- A project must include 25 pre-approved, assembled craft kits
- The project must be substantial and include all supplies needed to create the kits
- Each craft must be easily portable and fit inside a Ziploc-type bag and each bag must include legible and neat instructions for the patient
- Service hours applicable to the project include time spent preparing project proposal, acquiring supplies and assembling craft kits
- The deadline for submission of the completed 25 craft kits is no later than six weeks after the proposal was approved by TGH Volunteer Services
Seasonal projects may be submitted. When considering a seasonal project idea, think of the time of year the project will be completed. Example: pirate-themed projects should be completed and turned in just before or during Gasparilla, or winter-themed crafts could be made for distribution in December/January. Craft kits can be made with pediatric or adult patients in mind. Possible ideas include kits to make a dream catcher, hair bow, or jewelry, create a sock monkey, paint an ornament, complete a no-sew project, etc.