Teen Volunteer Program
Dear Summer Teen Volunteer Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Teen Volunteer Program. Please note that our teen program includes Tampa General Hospital and our offsite locations. Our teen volunteers provide invaluable compassion, care, and support to our patients, visitors, and team members through their welcoming smiles and comforting encouragement. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to accept every applicant, so there is a selection process based on the application and submitted information. Please note that the Volunteer Services department will only review complete applications received by the deadline. A complete application includes the application with answered essay questions, reference form, expectation form, and verification of grade point average.
- Teens must be at least 16 years old by June 8, 2020 and expected to be in high school for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The dates of the program are June 8, 2020 – July 31, 2020. A teen is required to complete at least two service shifts per week for a minimum of 5 weeks during the program. Service shifts are available 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Teens must have an overall unweighted grade point average of 3.0.
- Complete and submit the 2020 Summer TGH Teen Volunteer Program application with required essays, expectations sheet, and documentation of grade point average. Submit all application documents to the Volunteer Services office (F129) by 3:30 p.m. February 28, 2020. NOTE: the teen applying for the program must be the individual completing. the application documents.
- A 2020 Teen Volunteer Confidential Reference form must be submitted with the application in a sealed and signed envelope.
- Applicants will be notified of their application status by the end of March 2020. NOTE: we will contact applicants using the email address provided on their application form.
Applicants will be notified if they have been accepted and further instructions regarding the next steps will be provided at that time. Some of those steps are as follows:
- Purchase a TGH Teen Volunteer polo shirt through Volunteer Services.
- Provide current immunization records and obtain a TB/TST skin test at their pediatrician’s office for employee health clearance. Documentation must be provided for verification purposes.
- Attend Teen Volunteer orientation on Saturday, May 9, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There are no exceptions to attending this orientation session.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
TGH Volunteer Services