MyChart gives you online access to portions of your child's electronic medical record (EMR), where your child's doctor stores his or her health information. There are also mobile apps for your iPhone or Android. Your child's health is important to you around the clock. That’s why Tampa General Hospital offers MyChart. With MyChart, you can:
- View your child's After Visit Summary or Discharge Summary. These include a list of your child's current medications, known allergies, current health problems and reason for stay in the hospital or visit to the Emergency & Trauma Center.
- Securely print or download a copy of your child's file to take to his or her health provider.
Requesting proxy access
If you are a parent or legal guardian you can request proxy access to your child's MyChart account by completing a proxy access form at either the Tampa General Medical Group location at which your child receives care, or at Tampa General Hospital's Health Information Management Office located on the first floor of the East Pavilion at Tampa General Hospital. You will also need to provide identification.
Access MyChart Mobile securely from your iPhone or Android!
- Download and install the MyChart app from the App Store from your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad or the Android Market from your Android phone.
- Select ‘Tampa General Hospital, Tampa General Medical Group’ from the list of healthcare providers.
- Log in with your MyChart username and password.
MyChart and the mobile apps are free to use, and the information is secure.
Under state and federal law, there are certain types of medical information that the parent or guardian of a minor patient age 12 or older may not view without the consent of the minor patient. Because of these requirements, we will not offer MyChart proxy access to parents of minor patients after his or her 12th birthday. A parent or legal guardian of a minor child up to the child’s 12th birthday may request proxy access to their child’s MyChart account by completing the proxy access form mentioned above.