Watermelon, tomatoes, basil, and feta tossed in a light coriander-lemon dressing creates the ultimate summer salad. Enjoy it as an appetizer, side dish, or entree at your next cookout or summer potluck.
- 1½ Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. champagne vinegar (can substitute white balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry or sungold tomatoes
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cut into triangles
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup feta cheese (valbreso feta is my preference)
- Place oil, vinegar, honey, shallot, coriander, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add tomatoes, watermelon, basil, and feta; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
If making ahead, wait to dress salad until ready to serve.
Serving size: 1¼ cup Calories: 127 Fat: 6.5 gm Saturated fat: 2 gm Carbohydrates: 15 gm Sugar: 10 gm Sodium: 292 mg Fiber: 1.5 gm Protein: 4 gm Cholesterol: 8 mg
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and her blog, Dishing Out Health.