Watermelon, tomatoes, basil, and feta tossed in a light coriander-champagne dressing create the ultimate summer salad. Enjoy it as an appetizer, side dish, or entree at your next cookout or summer potluck.
- 1½ Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. champagne vinegar (can substitute white balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry or sungold tomatoes
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cut into triangles
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup feta cheese (valbreso feta is my preference)
- Place oil, vinegar, honey, shallot, coriander, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add tomatoes, watermelon, basil, and feta; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
If making ahead, wait to dress salad until ready to serve.
Serving size: 1¼ cup Calories: 127 Fat: 6.5 gm Saturated fat: 2 gm Carbohydrates: 15 gm Sugar: 10 gm Sodium: 292 mg Fiber: 1.5 gm Protein: 4 gm Cholesterol: 8 mg
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.