Turmeric yogurt chicken thighs are seared to perfection and topped with bright, refreshing radish and beet salad. This satisfying main dish is light on calories, yet full on flavor.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅓ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 golden beet, sliced thin
- 1 radish (watermelon or daikon), sliced thin
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives or tarragon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Trim chicken thighs of most visible fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, yogurt, turmeric, honey and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Stir with a whisk. Place chicken in bowl and cover with yogurt sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Place chicken thighs in pan, covering with remaining yogurt sauce. Cook ~3 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Place beet and radish slices in a bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil and 1 tbsp herbs; toss to coat.
- Place chicken on a serving platter and top with radish/beet salad. Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp of herbs on top.
Serving size: ¼th of recipe Calories: 226 Fat: 12 gm Saturated fat: 3 gm Carbohydrates: 11 gm Sugar: 10 gm Sodium: 220 mg Fiber: 1 gm Protein: 20 gm Cholesterol: 92 mg
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.