If you're bored with baked chicken, these are a great healthy alternative that is versatile AND yummy. They can be served to the family for dinner or even as an appetizer when guests are over. I paired the meatballs with zoodles and used the leftovers for individual lunches during the week.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup reduced fat feta
- 6-7 basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add in spinach, cook for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, feta cheese, and basil. Add dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in spinach.
- Spray 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil. Scoop about 1 heaping TB of chicken mixture, formed into a ball, into each muffin cup.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 90 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 1.5g Carbohydrates: 1g Sodium: 108mg Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 45mg
Christina Goddard, RD, LDN, is a TGH dietician. You can find more of her recipes at TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Nourish Well, Travel Often.