Cauliflower and red lentils slow cooked in a creamy, curry-infused broth with endless depth of flavor. Serve this vegan, gluten-free curry with rice, quinoa or noodles for a nutritious, satisfying main dish.
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 3 heaping cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 pitted dates, finely chopped
- Rice, quinoa or noodles for serving
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh herbs
- Pomegranate seeds
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add all ingredients except coconut milk and dates to slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 5 hours. Stir in coconut milk and dates. Cook on low for another 15 minutes. Serve over rice, quinoa or noodles. Finish with optional toppings if desired.
Serving size: ¾ cup curry Calories: 170 Fat: 4 gm Saturated fat: 2.5 gm Carbohydrates: 24 gm Sugar: 12.5 gm Sodium: 390 mg Fiber: 6 gm Protein: 10 gm
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.