Shaved brussels sprouts and pear salad with pumpkin seeds, golden raisins, and Manchego cheese tossed in a punchy lemon-Dijon vinaigrette. This simple salad makes delicious use of fall produce and comes together in a flash.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, any discolored leaves discarded and stems left intact
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red Bartlett or anjou pear, sliced thin
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup grated Manchego cheese
- Holding each Brussels sprout by stem end, cut into very thin slices using slicer. Toss in a bowl to separate layers.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, maple syrup, salt, and pepper; stir with a whisk. Pour over Brussels sprouts; toss to combine.
- Add remaining salad ingredients; toss to combine.
Serving size: ¼th of recipe Calories: 261 Fat: 14 gm Saturated fat: 4 gm Carbohydrates: 28 gm Sugar: 15 gm Sodium: 418 mg Fiber: 7 gm Protein: 9 gm
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.