Salt-and-vinegar smashed potatoes with miso ketchup is the perfect summer side for cookouts, weeknight dinners, or easy entertaining.
- 2 lbs. new or baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1½ cups white wine vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. red miso paste
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add vinegar and just enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain and transfer potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet. Let cool slightly.
- Use the bottom of a measuring cup to smash each potato. Brush each side with oil. Season evenly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast potatoes until crispy and golden brown, 30-35 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Combine ketchup, miso, and worcestershire in a bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Place roasted potatoes on a plate or serving platter. Scatter chives over the top. Serve with miso ketchup.
Serving size: ⅙th of recipe Calories: 121 Fat: 4 gm Saturated fat: .5 gm Carbohydrates: 20 gm Sugar: 5 gm Sodium: 570 mg Fiber: 1 gm Protein: 2 gm
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and on her blog, Dishing Out Health.