Meet the new star of your next spring gathering. Roasted Strawberry Guacamole is flavor-packed and powered by nutritious, healthy ingredients. Naturally gluten free, vegan, and brimming with fiber and antioxidants.
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. sea salt, divided
- 2 cups mashed avocado (about 3 avocados)
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp. minced serrano pepper (seeds and ribs removed)
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped mint
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine strawberries, coconut sugar, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt in a bowl. Toss to combine. Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Combine avocados, shallots, serrano, cilantro, mint, lime juice, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and black pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well. Top with roasted strawberries.
Serving size: ~1/2 cup Calories: 105 Fat: 7 gm Saturated fat: 1 gm Carbohydrates: 11 gm Sugar: 4.5 gm Sodium: 150 mg Fiber: 4 gm Protein: 2 gm Cholesterol: 0 mg
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.