Roasted cauliflower and potato salad with tarragon tahini and arugula: A vibrant, herbaceous side dish or entree for all of your weeknight (or weekend!) salad needs.
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups quartered baby potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1½ Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped tarragon
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower, potatoes, oil, ¾ tsp. of the salt, ¼ tsp. of the black pepper, coriander, and cumin in a large bowl; toss to combine. Spread mixture evenly on baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Let cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Combine tahini, lemon juice, and water in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Add tarragon, sugar, vinegar, garlic, remaining ¼ tsp. salt and black pepper; stir to combine. Pour tahini sauce over potato mixture; toss to combine. Add arugula; gently toss to combine.
Serving size: ⅕th of recipe Calories: 230 Fat: 9 gm Saturated fat: 1 gm Carbohydrates: 34 gm Sugar: 4 gm Sodium: 433 mg Fiber: 5 gm Protein: 6 gm
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.