Raw superfood brownie bites made with wholesome ingredients and no added sugar. These chocolatey vegan treats are perfect for a pre-workout boost or mid-day recharge.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 10 pitted medjool dates (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. goji berries (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste (or substitute vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Optional toppings: hemp seeds, unsweetened shredded coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts
- Place cashews and almonds in a food processor. Process until ground, about 1 minute. Add dates; process until almost pastelike. Add remaining ingredients; process for 1 to 2 minutes, until well combined. Turn mixture out into a bowl; divide into 16 equal portions. Roll each portion around to form a ball. Roll in topping of choice (or enjoy plain). Chill until firm, about 20 minutes.
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week (good luck making them last that long), or in the freezer up to 1 month (no need to thaw if frozen).
Serving size: 1 brownie bite Calories: 128 Fat: 7 gm Saturated fat: 1.5 gm Carbohydrates: 17 gm Sugar: 11 gm Sodium: 121 mg Fiber: 3 gm Protein: 4 gm
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.