Turmeric, orange zest, and cinnamon give warming spice to cool, creamy overnight oats. This simple recipe comes together in minutes and will awaken your taste buds with bright notes of citrus and spice.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup 2% plain reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Berries (for sweet)
- Egg and crispy pancetta (for savory)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or mason jar. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Divide oat mixture into 2 bowls. Add toppings of choice.
Serving size: ½ of recipe Calories: 281 Fat: 7 gm Saturated fat: 1 gm Carbohydrates: 46 gm Sugar: 17 gm Sodium: 175 mg Fiber: 6.5 gm Protein: 9.5 gm
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.