Soft and chewy oatmeal dark chocolate cookies made with wholesome ingredients and antioxidant-rich dark chocolate. For right around 100 calories per cookie, they're one of the healthiest, tastiest desserts your taste buds will ever meet!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 30 grams of a dark chocolate bar (aim for at least 70% cacao), coarsely chopped
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, beat together Truvia, coconut oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. Fold in dark chocolate.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet, roughly 1.5-2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack at least 5 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.