No-Bake Coconut-Cashew Cherry Squares are vegan, gluten free, and a virtuously indulgent snack or dessert.
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for sprinkling on top (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1½ cups frozen and thawed cherries, patted dry with paper towels
- 5 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp. cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place cashews, coconut flakes, honey (or agave), and salt in a food processor. Blend 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture starts coming together. Press firmly into the bottom of a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Wipe out food processor. Add cherries, dates, cashew butter, coconut flour, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Pour over cashew mixture; use the back of a spoon to smooth out. Sprinkle with additional coconut flakes, if desired. Freeze for 1 hour. Slice into 10 bars.
Store leftover bars in the freezer. Remove 10-15 minutes before eating.