Grilled shrimp with curry-spiced yogurt, radish, lemon, and cilantro, piled high on grilled slabs of bread. These tartines are well-suited for a laid-back lunch or dinner on the fly.
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¾ tsp. sea salt, divided
- 4 (1-inch) thick slices of bakery bread
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 (7-oz.) container plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Optional: thinly sliced peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, pepitas
- Place shrimp, olive oil, ½ tsp. of the salt, and a pinch of black pepper in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Heat a grill, grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of bread with remaining 1 tsp. olive oil. Place on grill or grill pan and toast 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Place lemon, flesh side-down, on pan and cook 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place Greek yogurt, curry powder, paprika, remaining ¼ tsp. salt, and a pinch of black pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Spread yogurt mixture evenly on each piece of grilled/toasted bread. Top evenly with shrimp, radishes, cilantro, and additional toppings, if desired. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and her blog, Dishing Out Health.