Big clusters of crunchy oat bran granola ribboned with pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and pumpkin seeds. This nutritious granola makes for the perfect breakfast or snack!
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Optional add-ins: 2 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Combine pumpkin puree, honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan and heat over medium-heat until smooth and melted, ~5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine oat bran, old fashioned oats, pepitas, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Pour melted pumpkin mixture into oats. Add optional add-ins if desired. Mix to combine.
- Spread out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, toss, and bake for another 15 minutes, until golden and toasty. Allow to cool for 1 hour before breaking up into clusters.
Serving size: ¼ cup Calories: 158 Fat: 6 gm Saturated fat: 4 gm Carbohydrates: 25 gm Sugar: 9 gm Sodium: 125 mg Fiber: 3.5 gm Protein: 3.5 gm
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.