This smoothie is packed with plenty of protein. A deliciously nutritious way to start the day. Did we mention it's low calorie, too?
- 2 small frozen bananas
- 1 cup 0% fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 serving protein powder of choice--we used Snickerdoodle Select Protein
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in high power blender and puree until smooth.
- Top with fat-free whipped cream and additional cinnamon (optional).
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.