Talk about breakfast of champions! Eggs + avocado… two of my favorite things! Avocados are a good source of monounsaturated fats (a type of “good” fat), which can help lower LDL cholesterol (otherwise known as “bad” cholesterol”) and raise HDL cholesterol (“good cholesterol”). Plus the egg is a good source of protein.
- 1 Avocado
- 2 large eggs
- Seasoning of choice
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut avocado in half. Remove pit. Scoop out some of the inside so the egg will fit, about 1 Tbps
- Place avocado halves into a baking dish. Try to find one that the avocados fit snuggly in so they stay upright
- Crack 1 egg into each avocado half
- Cook for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from oven, season, enjoy!
Serves 2 Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 20 min Total time: 25 min
Calories: 187 Protein: 7g Carbs: 6g Fiber: 5g Fat: 16 g (Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated: 2g, Monounsaturated: 9g) Cholesterol: 185mg Sodium: 75mg
Christina Goddard, RD, LDN, is a TGH dietician. You can find more of her recipes at TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Nourish Well, Travel Often.