Baked salmon with a zesty orange maple glaze and crushed pecans. This nutritious salmon recipe is incredibly simple, naturally gluten free and comes together in only 15 minutes.
- 1 lb wild salmon, sliced into 2-3 fillets
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Juice of ½ orange (~2 tbsp) + zest for topping
- 3 tbsp crushed pecans
- Place oven on broil
- Prepare dry rub by mixing garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and rub dry mix evenly over each fillet
- Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet (skin down) and broil for 5 minutes.
- Combine maple syrup and orange juice in a small bowl. After salmon broils for 5 minutes, brush maple orange juice over each fillet and top with crushed pecans. Return to oven for another 3 minutes.
- Top with fresh orange zest and serve!
Serving size: one-third of recipe Calories: 286 Fat: 14.5 gm Saturated fat: 2 gm Carbohydrates: 7 gm Sugar: 5.5 gm Sodium: 240 mg Fiber: 1 gm Protein: 31 gm Cholesterol: 83 mg
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.