This quick, no-fuss salad is the the perfect light, healthy, plant-powered meal or snack. Gluten free, high in fiber and kid friendly!
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (drained, rinsed and loose shells removed)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup herbed feta (or plain)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
Combine everything in a large bowl, toss to combine, SERVE!
I found this salad tastes best after it has marinated in the refrigerator for a few hours, so I would recommend making it in advance, but your call!
Serving size: ¼th of recipe Calories: 196 Fat: 11 gm Saturated fat: 1.5 gm Carbohydrates: 22 gm Sugar: 5 gm Sodium: 280 mg Fiber: 5 gm Protein: 7 gm Cholesterol: 5 mg
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.