Terms & Conditions
- This web site is an online information and communications service (the “Service”) provided by Florida Health Sciences Center, Inc. d/b/a Tampa General Hospital ("Tampa General") and Tampa General Medical Group (collectively, “We” or “TGH”). The Service is offered to You subject to Your acceptance of and compliance with these terms and conditions as presented herein (this "Agreement"). Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Service. As used in this Agreement "You" refers to you, the user of the Service. By accessing or using the Service, You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If You do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, You may not access the site or use the Service.
- We may modify this Agreement at any time. Any modifications made to this Agreement will be effective immediately upon posting to the site. By accessing or using the Service, you agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement as posted on the Service at the time of Your access or use. You agree to review the Agreement posted on the Service each time you use the Service so that you are aware of any modifications made to this Agreement.
Reserve Rights and Grant of Limited License
- The Service may contain information, communications, software, images, sounds, music, graphics, photos, videos and other material and services (collectively, the “Information”). Users of this Site agree that the Information and related names, “Tampa General,"”Tampa General Medical Group”, “TGH” and the stylized logo, “TGH,” are protected by intellectual and industrial property rights, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks and other proprietary rights, which rights are valid and protected in all media existing now or later developed, and all use of the Information and TGH related names and logo shall be in accordance with such rights and the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Users of the Service are granted a limited license to use (display or print) the Information contained on this Site for their own personal non-commercial use only, provided that the Information is not modified and a copy of this Agreement is attached to any copies that are made. Any other use of the Information or use of TGH related names or logo is prohibited. None of the Information, or TGH related names or logo, may be otherwise reproduced, republished or re-disseminated in any manner or form without the prior written consent of the TGH. You may contact TGH at Post Office Box 1289, Tampa, Florida 33601.
- Direct linking to search scripts is prohibited. All rights, including copyright, in any information (including articles and other content) which are linked to but not hosted on the Site continue to be owned by their respective owners.
- In the event You provide personal information to TGH via the Service, TGH will not release Your name, street address, telephone number or e-mail address without Your consent. We deploy computer encryption technology to protect the information You send TGH. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You agree that TGH may use information You submit to operate the Service or disclose Your information as required by law.
Informational and Educational Purposes Only
- The information about health care and health care providers provided through the Service is for informational and educational purposes only. We make no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, regarding the quality, accuracy or validity of the data and information about health care and health care providers available from the Service.
IF YOU ARE IN THE UNITED STATES AND ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, DIAL 911 OR CALL FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL HELP ON THE NEAREST TELEPHONE. Warranty Disclaimer
- The information provided through the Service is for information and communication purposes only. We assume no responsibility for how You use the information provided through the Service. You should always seek the advice of Your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions You may have regarding a medical condition.
- THE SERVICE DOES NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE AND NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE SERVICE FOR MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS. ALWAYS CONSULT WITH AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE RELATED TO YOUR SITUATION.
- THE SERVICE AND ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. THIS MEANS ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE IS INTENDED FOR GENERAL CONSUMER UNDERSTANDING AND EDUCATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENT ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OR THE TIMELINESS OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TGH DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE, LACK OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES, OR ANY FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE. ALTHOUGH WE MAY UPDATE THE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE FROM TIME TO TIME, PLEASE NOTE THAT MEDICAL INFORMATION CHANGES RAPIDLY. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE INFORMATION MAY BE OUT OF DATE AND/OR MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS.
- The Service may contain links to web sites operated by other parties. The links are provided for Your convenience only. We do not control such web sites and TGH is not responsible for the content and performance of these sites or for Your transactions with them. TGH's inclusion of links to such web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such web sites or any association with their operators. The Service does not in any way operate, control or endorse any information, products or services provided by third parties through the Internet. TGH reserves the right to remove or reject any link, or to edit the description of any link, in its sole discretion.
Limitations on Liability
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TGH SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) THAT RESULT OR ARISE OUT OF, OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, OR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED OR PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEB SITE AND THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Florida Law and Forum.
- This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to its conflicts of law principles, or your domicile, residence or physical location. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between TGH and You for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties' obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Hillsborough County, Florida.
In the event that a portion of this Agreement is held unenforceable, the unenforceable portion will be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remainder of the provisions shall remain in full force and effect. In any dispute between TGH and You relating to the Service, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys' fees, costs and expenses.18764085.2