Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Health Psychology
The Health Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Program aspires to develop professional Psychologists who are competent, ethical, and prepared for independent practice in a variety of medical settings. There are two (2), one-year full-time Health Psychology Fellow positions. Training occurs via didactics as well as clinical exposure with direct supervision provided to facilitate the learning process with a focus on:
- Assessment of individuals and families experiencing adjustment and coping issues related to physical and cognitive conditions using a biopsychosocial framework
- The provision of short term, solution-focused interventions to promote optimal outcomes as well as evidence based interventions for longer term contact
- Evaluation of cognitive disorders and medical populations
- Encouragement of multidisciplinary collaboration and clinical consultation
- Participation in advocacy/consumer protection and ethical and professional issues
For more details on this program, download the TGH Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Health Psychology handbook.
Pre-Doctoral Intern External Rotations
Training opportunities for interns from the region’s APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship programs are available within pediatric inpatient and outpatient settings, acute trauma/burn, adult rehabilitation, chronic pain management program and bariatrics.