How Your Gift Helps
Philanthropic giving to the Tampa General Hospital Foundation ensures top notch medical care and support for all of the patients at Tampa General Hospital. TGH touches everyone in Tampa Bay and its surrounding communities and our goal is to show you, our supporters, how your donations contribute to making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families each and every day.
Below are a few examples of programs the Foundation supports at Tampa General Hospital. For more information on giving opportunities, please click here.
Integrative Arts in Medicine
The Integrative Arts in Medicine Program at TGH incorporates several modalities of non-invasive care that take into account the whole person – body, mind, and emotions. Program practitioners provide TGH patients with various therapies, including music, art, yoga, craniosacral massage, and gentle movement. Here are some examples of your impact:
- Therapies are provided free of charge to TGH patients thanks to philanthropic support.
- 93% of patients who used the services experienced decreased pain/anxiety after sessions
- Over 5,600 bedside visits were performed in the first 7 months of 2016
Camp Hopetáke is a week-long sleep away summer camp for children ages 5-17 who have survived a burn injury. Participants spend their days at places such as Adventure Island, Busch Gardens, and Tropicana Field catching the Tampa Bay Rays! For many seriously burned children, coping with the social and emotional scars associated with their injuries can be overwhelming. Attending Camp Hopetáke enables children to have a stress-free, engaging environment to build lifelong friendships and memories. Here is how you make a difference:
- Camp is free to campers as a part of a partnership between the Foundation and Tampa Firefighters Local 754.
- Over the last 26 years, Camp Hopetáke has helped over 850 campers build friendships and make memories to last a lifetime!
- Once the kids arrive at camp, the transportation, housing, and activities are all supported by our donors.
Please contact Jocelyn Lister, Annual Giving Officer, at email@example.com or (813) 844-8217 for more information.